Monday, April 9, 2012

Everything Is A Present: 108-Year-Old Holocaust Survivor On Beauty, Love And Conquering Hate

Monday, April 9, 2012
By DailyGood

At age 108, Holocaust survivor Alice Herz Sommer still practices piano for three hours every day. At age 104, she had a book written about her life: "A Garden Of Eden In Hell."

Read the rest of the story at The Huffington Post.
Missing Cat Found After 16 Years, Reunited With German Family
'God Prefers Kind Atheists Over Hateful Christians,' Portland Church's Sign Reads
Picking Wrong Lotto Ticket Turns Man Into Multi-Millionaire
Wallet Is Returned With INCREDIBLE Amount Of Money In It
War Vet Finally Wins Battle Against Bank Of America
BLOG POSTS
Nikki Stone: Banking on the Underdog
With just over three months to the Summer Olympics in London, many people are picking their favorites to win bronze, silver and gold. As I recall my own experiences leading into my second Olympic games, I've learned not to count out the media's underdogs.
Elaine Coronado: Aztec Chocolate In Our Easter Baskets
On Sunday April 8, 2012 as chocolate bunnies are undressed from their gold foil outfits and the hunt for chocolate eggs scramble kids into frenzies, take a moment to give thanks to the Aztecs and Mayans. And, thank Montezuma for his 2nd revenge - our insatiable craving for chocolate.
Catherine Hyde: Getting My Happy Baby Back
I had the happiest baby you ever saw. But when my beloved son, at the age of 4, told me that something had gone wrong in my belly and that he was supposed to be a she, I assured him that he was wrong. By the age of 6, Will was threatening suicide.
Seimone Augustus: How I Found DonorsChoose
Budget cuts and a struggling economy have left teachers without the tools to foster dreams and achievement in kids. So naturally, as I think about impact outside the basketball court, I'm drawn to education.
Stuart Muszynski: A Passover Seder for Dults
For all people, not just Jewish people, Passover is meant to break through the current-day "narrow straights" that restrict us from achieving the potential that can bring us happiness and help the world. But that potential rests on becoming a Dult.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment