Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Olympic Diets.. If Barbie Was Real.. When You're Most Likely To Have Sex

Tuesday, August 7, 2012
High-flying Olympic gymnasts and record-busting swimmers might seem like they're a different species from those of us who just watch from our couches. But there's actually plenty us non-superhero folks can learn from the Olympian diet, even if you're not planning on going for the gold. Check out these staples of Olympic eating and how to apply them to your own life.

LOOK: If Barbie Was A Real Woman
Weight Training May Reduce Risk Of Type 2 Diabetes
Should I Do Cardio Or Weights First?
Stars Who Kept Their Weddings A Secret
The Seasons When You're More Likely To Have Sex
BLOG POSTS
Kathleen Trotter: Don't Get Caught Up in How You Look -- Just Exercise!
A central aspect of my fitness philosophy -- one that I try to instill in my clients, my readers and myself -- is that the purpose of exercise should not be just to look fit. I hate the fact that people are judged on their appearance. for many the fear of going to the gym and being looked at with a critical gaze can sap any will to exercise. What is worse is that often individuals internalize this critical gaze: we all become our own worst critic.
Debra Goldblatt-Sadowski: Remember Ladies, Having it All Can Mean Staying at Home
Why aren't more women proud to be the CEO of their homes? Why do so many career women think less of any woman who deliberately chooses her home life over her professional life?
Jowita Bydlowska: Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Get Out of Your Damn Tower And Get me a Beer
While I was on a date, I noticed that at a table near mine was occupied by a wonderful woman and...Brad Pitt. Or at least it had to be Brad Pitt, otherwise, why would she put up with such a booming voice that wouldn't let her get a word in edgewise? But this is what dating is like nowadays; men getting laid because they're men.
Donald D'Haene: Suck it Up And Visit Your Aging Relatives
I can't tell you how many times I have heard people say of their loved ones or acquaintances in nursing homes, "I want to remember her the way she was." I understand the sentiment but it's a cop out.
Lynn Posluns: More Women Get Alzheimer's, so Why Don't we Study Their Brains?
It's frightening to learn that almost 70 per cent of new Alzheimer's sufferers will be women, but research today still focuses on men. Even today, at the grass roots level of research, it is the male rat that's studied because the hormones in the female rat make it too complex.That really got me thinking: if this is something Canadian women think about then obviously so do women all over the world. So the Women's Brain Health Initiative was born.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment